Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:36:27 +0800 (CST)
From:      =?gb2312?q?popsong=20old?= <oldpopsong@yahoo.com>
To:        oppermann@pipeline.ch
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tcp hostcache and ip fastforward for review

> ip_fastforward

>  - removes ip_flow forwarding code
>  - adds full direct process-to-completion IPv4
forwarding code
>  - handles ip fragmentation incl. hw support
(ip_flow did not)
>  - supports ipfw and ipfilter (ip_flow did not)
>  - supports divert and ipfw fwd (ip_flow did not)
>  - drops anything it can't handle back to normal
ip_input

Should we worry about the locking in IPFilter? It
seems that there are no locking at all in IPFilter for
FreeBSD.

BTW, we'll get even better performance if we keep both
interfaces' MAC addresses in cache (and call
ifp->if_start directly). This requires to keep
ethernet header in mbuf untouched and is only relevant
in ethernet though. I implemented such layer 2 cache
in a local version of IPFilter and got some good
results.

Regards,

song