Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:37:24 +0700 (NOVST)
From:      "Yuri A. Wolf" <subs@ovk.altai.ru>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   simple/strange routing

Greetings.

I have a LAN connected via FreeBSD-3.4 to 2 different ISPs via 2
interfaces, say if1 (ISP1) and if2 (ISP2). if1 is the default, and I need
if2 only to recieve mail to my old domain.

I want my sendmail (or whatever) if receive setup from if2 to work via
if2, using ISP2 as default gateway. What I need to do all this work?

The way I tried before:
I have MX record at ISP2's name server pointed to domain(if2) (value
10) and domain(if1) (value 20). The problem is:

	Version I
	1. host_x make connection to domain(if2):25
	2. domain(if2) send response via default gateway (if1) and the
first cisco kill the packet by obvious reason

	Version II
	1. host_x try to make connection to domain(if2):25
	2. ipfw add reject tcp from any to ip2 via if2 setup
	3. icmp (host unreachable) with source ip(if2) goes via if1, and
the first cisco kill the packet by the same reason as previous

	Version III
	1. host_x try to make connection to domain(if2):25
	2. ipfw add deny tcp from any to ip2 via if2 setup
	or just deny all from any to any via if2 setup

	3. host_x does not interested in MX records... ;-( and still try
to make the connection ;-))

Any ideas?

Cheers, Yura