Date:      Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:36:24 -0500
From:      "Lawrence Hughes" <lawrence.hughes@mindspring.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: how do I ?

This list seems to be a curious place to post this - most folks here would
know how
to put together essentially what you're selling for a small fraction of this
price - just
get a roughly $500 PC desktop and $40 FreeBSD cdrom set, and spend a few
hours installing - voila... (ok so it's not quite so small and cute... I can
buy a lot of
small cute cuddle toys for a lot less than $3300 - $540)..... and no limits
on users.
Welcome to the new world of FREENIX. There are similar appliances out there
for
rather less than this, too, all built and ready to plug in. Are any of these
services
new and marvelous things you've created yourself, or just off the shelf
freeware like
Apache, Sendmail, etc? If so, there might be some value there, but I suspect
most
folks here won't be interested.

I don't mean to be rude, but perhaps your targeting was a bit off on this
one. Nice
release, though.