Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2000 14:32:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sean Peck <speck@newsindex.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Configuring Gateway/NAT on Freebsd

I am trying to configure a FreeBSD 3.3 box to act as a gateway/NAT
translater for my network.

I have added the following to the my rc.conf

ifconfig_tun0="inet 172.168.0.1  netmask 255.255.255.0"
gateway_enabled="YES"
natd_enabled="YES"
natd_ingerface="tun0"
and tun0 to my network_interfaces list.

The box works fine on its own, but I am unable to get boxes in my
172.168.0.x space to work through it.  I am confused a bit on what I need
to set my other boxes too, and if I am missing something on this box I
must do as well.

Should I set my other boxes to gateway to this boxes 172 address, or to
the real IP of this box?  If it is in the 172 space, how is this box being
informed it shoul be listening for it, since the only the tun0 is told it
is attached to this IP, not the actual NIC...

Any help would be most appreciated.

Sean