Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:35:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Martin Mactaggart <martinmact@yahoo.com>
To:        David Kirchner <dpk@nwserv.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My telnet has been possed by a demon (I can't telnet to my FreeBSD machine anoymore)

Thanks for the info David :)

   I'll let you all know how this turns out;  first I have to go to
work and then I have to read some man pages, so it might take me a day
or two.  Oh yeah, I just finished busting my kernel, but that shouldn't
take too long to fix.

   I'd've [ignorantly] thought that having an /etc/hosts file
circumvents the DNS... Is that wrong?

   On a completely irrelevant note, I'm looking at "just finished
busting my kernel" and thinking there should be a web page devoted to
things heard in IT land that would make no sense to a noncomputer
person ("I'm an admin, use me").

   Once again hopeful,
      Martin