Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 1995 14:58:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Nathan Stratton <nathan@netrail.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrading the os

On Sun, 19 Nov 1995, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Nov 1995, Nathan Stratton wrote:
> > What is the best way to upgrade the system form 2.0.5 to 2.1.0? Wipe the
> > system and start over, or can I do soem type of upgrade.?
> >

> 	Well, depending on your patience, and what sort of link you have,
> it was recommended to me to just "sup" in the -stable release, and then
> just "make world"...that supposedly will bring you up to date.

	this will NOT upgrade /etc.   you will have to do this part by hand.

jmb

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com       | Analysis & Technology, Inc.
FreeBSD Postmaster   jmb@FreeBSD.Org            | 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.                                        | Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life      | 703-418-2800 x346