Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:03:42 +0200
From:      Paolo Tealdi <tealdi@sb.polito.it>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Proliant ML370 architecture

In a few days we will buy a Compaq Proliant ML370.
I searched for information on the architecture and on FreeBSD support for
its hardware but i couldn't find anything of certain.

Our vendor told us that its NIC chipset is an Intel 82559 (compaq calls it
NC3163) and its controller chipset SCSI is a "Symbios Logic 53C1510".

This is right ?
FreeBSD 4.1 (4.1.1 )  supports these cards ?
In general anybody has tested FreeBSD in a Compaq Proliant ML370
environment (with two processors) ?

I know that compaq is not the top for compatibility but ...

Best regards, Paolo Tealdi

P.S. Sorry for the first mail .... i found a new Eudora feature  "Ctrl-E :
Send Immediately"

Ing. Paolo Tealdi         Library & News System Administrator
Politecnico Torino        Phone : +39-11-5646714 , FAX : +39-11-5646799
C.so D. degli Abruzzi, 24 - 10129 Torino - ITALY  Email: tealdi@sb.polito.it