Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 1997 11:56:09 -0400
From:      Ron Steele <ron@dc.infi.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dos partition labeled Freebsd

Back in the bad old days of expensive disks, I partitioned a one gig
drive for DOS and FreeBSD.  After adding a second FreeBSD drive, I used
the FreeBSD partition on the first drive for Win95.  This all works
fine.

The problem is that I can't mount the Win95 partions under FreeBSD.
When I look at the disklable, FreeBSD still thinks it is a unix disk.
The bottom line is, it won't mount as a DOS drive because it is seen a
unix disk and, of course, it won't mount as a unix drive with the "bad
super block" error.  The boot probe complains bitterly about this also.

So, is there a way to re-lable the Win95 partition to be a DOS disk
without destroying the data on it?  Alternitively, is there a way to
force mount to ignore the partition label?

Ron Steele