Date:      Wed, 02 Dec 1998 22:17:16 +0100 (CET)
From:      RedShift <redshift@redserver.ml.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3com905B/TX problem with FreeBSD 2.8

        Hi!

I have been trying many times to install FreeBSD 3.0 from FTP.
Everything seemed to be OK exept that adding route took about 3 minutes
each times.
And then while copying the files (bin), after about 15 minutes, it stopped: No
more network. I change the server: Nothing.
I think it comes from my network card's driver: 3com 905B/TX Fast Ethernet PCI.
I'm using a cable access and he card works under Linux and Windows.
I saw on /. that FreeBSD 2.8 support my card. Then I tryied to install it and I
got the same problem.

Is it a known bug? Or am I the only one to get this? Did I mistake somewhere in
the installation procedure?

I apologize for my poor english (I'm french)

Thank you.

David (RedShift)
mailto:redshift@redserver.ml.org
http://3254522699/redshift/
ICQ#UIN: 2247561

--
"A displacement of the spectrum of a celestial body toward longer wavelengths
that is a consequence of the Doppler effect of the gravitational field of the