Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:09:35 +0100
From:      rene@xs4all.nl
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freeBSD upgrade blues

Hello.

I'm trying to upgrade a 3.4-Stable to 4.X-stable, and my buildworld fails.

Maybe someone can tell me if I'm doing
something obviously wrong here. I think I'm following /usr/src/UPDATING
correctly, but my buildworld fails in the perl binaries..

I would have tried reading the archive of the stable mailinglist, but my
web is down at the moment due to this upgrade (my router machine ;)..

The steps I did are (as ordered by /usr/src/UPDATING):

/usr/src/# rm -rf *
/usr/obj/# rm -rf *
cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/secure-stable-supfile
cd /usr/src
make buildworld

the output of these commands is stored at

http://www.xs4all.nl/~lowlevel/fbsd/

as files:

buildworld.txt
cvsup.txt