Date:      Fri, 30 May 2008 11:39:19 +0200
From:      Michael Rudolph <michael.rudolph@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Delayed cronjobs

On Friday 30 May 2008 11:19:10 Jos Chrispijn wrote:
> Let's say my system has been down for one day. Is it possible to
> automatically (re)start cronjobs on system startup that should have
> been run the day before?
>
> -- Jos

Hello Jos,

you might want to have a look at anacron(8).

=46rom its man page:

Anacron  can be used to execute commands periodically, with a frequency=20
specified in days.  Unlike cron(8), it does not assume that the machine=20
is running continuously.  Hence, it can be used on machines that aren't=20
running 24 hours a day, to control daily, weekly, and monthly jobs that=20
are usually controlled by cron.

I hope that helps.

michael