Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:39:22 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Kev <tech@geo.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mount: file system types

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:07:06 +0800, Kev wrote:

> I cannot seem to be able to successfully mount a 98 OR ext2 partition,
> I have gone through the manual but would like some help.

It would be easier for us to help if you gave us the commands you typed
and the error messages you got.

For the ext2 partition, you should be able to use mount_ext2(8) if your
kernel was compiled with the EXT2FS option (see LINT).

I have my doubts about the msdos filesystem, because it's more than
likely that the Microsoft FDISK command was used to enable "large disk
support", which I seem to remember breaking our support for msdos
filesystems.

That aside, you might be able to use mount_msdos(8) if your kernel was
compiled with the MSDOSFS option (again, see LINT).

Cioa,
Sheldon.