Date:      Sun, 1 Nov 1998 22:10:32 +0000 ()
From:      PB <pb@wave.campus.luth.se>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ESS1868 & Problems :)

I have a ESS1868 in my Laptop + Stationary Compaq Deskpro.

When I use SB Pro emulation mode it will only manage 22 kHz/Stereo/8bit.
It works but not with full quality.

So I tried the pcm0 driver but it will not work, it only plays the first
buffer-2-dma transfer size. I have checked that the driver really get it's
irq when the dma is complete. And the dma channel is also checked with help
of the laptop's manual.

But if I change the function 'dsp_wrintr()' in
/usr/src/sys/i386/isa/snd/dmabuf.c (fbsd ver=2.2.7-R)

And let it set 'b->dl = 0;' it will at least not just stop. But play some
very noisy(tm) sound. But I can still recognise the sound.

Maybe someone have fixed this ..?
(I can't easily just plug in another card in this case.. unfortunly)

Btw, I have the PDF file documentation for the ESS 1868 chipset.

   /Peter

Email:  pb@NOSPAMwave.campus.luth.se