Date:      Mon, 7 Sep 1998 05:51:32 +0100
From:      Adrian Wontroba <aw1@stade.co.uk>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pipeline behaviour - changed?

On Wed, Sep 02, 1998 at 09:21:18AM +0000, Mike Smith wrote:
(re my problem with "yes | head -2") not exiting when run in an xterm)

> Bizarre; it works fine in an xterm under twm, fvwm and fvwm95 (some old
> vesion).  Can you try a different window manager at your end?

Sorry about the delay. I took the hint from one of the other
respondants, and upgraded to the 3.0 XFree86, including patch 3.

xterm works properly for me under fvwm95 too - but still misbehaves
under kde. It would appear not to be a FreeBSD-current problem.

I'll shut up about the problem here. Thanks to everybody who made
suggestions.

--
Adrian Wontroba, Stade Computers Limited.       phone:  (+44) 121 681 6677
Mail info@accu.org for information about the Association of C and C++ Users