Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:07:20 -0800
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   I have missed some pccard changes or am out of sync? (Current)

I use the following old cards, wi0 (2Mb) and a DE660.  I also use a modem card
but haven't tried it.  I am running current but possibly something is out of
sync.  Today's world died at vmstat.  Yesterday's world compiled, installed and
built a new kernel, but I was running on a kernel and world built on January 19
and both cards were working fine all weekend.  Today I get to work and turn my
laptop on, it trys to boot yesterday's kernel and hangs where the slash and
backslash should spin.  No problem I boot with kernel.old and it comes up fine,
but I can't use my pcmcia cards.  I get the card inserted message and  pccardd
seems to match the name of the card with pccard.conf but ends with two
[(NULL)]'s.

Also the kinfo_procsize seems to have changed between January 19 and 21.

Any suggestions?  The only thing I can think of is just dig out the trusty old
external modem, connect, cvsup and make another world.

Thanks,

ed

--
EnContacto.Net - InternetSalon.Org - CafeMania.Net