Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 13:08:04 -0400
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone else seeing jumpy mice?

Frank Mayhar stated:
> Matthew Dillon wrote:
> >     I don't know if the mouse problems are related or not, did anyone have
> >     jumpy-mouse problems before the SMP cleanup was committed? (i.e. in
> >     kernels then two weeks old for 4.0, and four weeks old for 5.0).
>
> Yes.  This started long before the SMP cleanup MFC.  I'm running 4-stable.

Let me second this.  I have been unable to use moused on my laptop
(Sony VAIO 505TR with Versapad) since syscons changes went in right
after 4.0-RELEASE (it worked under -RELEASE), but broke under -STABLE.
I had a discussion with Kazutaka YOKOTA, but nothing was resolved.
Cut and paste were OKish on the ttyvN with a very twitchy pointer image,
but it was completely unusable under XFree86-3.3.6 that shipped with
-RELEASE (not sure if I should rebuild X or not).  I have been running
sans moused ever since (so it is not hardware related in my case).