Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 22:19:40 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>
To:        manas <manas@yahoo-inc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help offered

manas wrote:

> hi all,
>       I would like to join freebsd project. I have not coded for any OS
> project. I have theoritical knowledge  about FreeBsd OS. A little in
> help will right will help me a lot.  I am willing to work hard to
> complete the tasks assigned to me.
>       If any suitable work is there for me, please let me know.

Step one, read the handbook on the web.
Step two, subscribe to the mailing lists that look interesting
Step three, install freebsd on your home system
Step four, read more of the documentation on the web site, including the
PR database, and pick a project that looks interesting to you.

Good luck,

Doug