Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 22:00:05 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please help spread the CVSup mirror load more evenly

In message <20000121180914.C44132@dragon.nuxi.com> "David O'Brien" writes:
: "load" on the mirror.  Where "load" is either one of the connection
: slots, or actual kernel resource load if I have 20% packet loss and thus
: cause a lot of retransmissions to occur.

Hmmm.  A thought just occurred to me.  There's no need to measure
these things.  Lookup all the IP addresses.  Do a non blocking
connection to each of these machines.  First one to come back with the
REL16_1 response wins, and all the others get closed and you use that
one.

Warner