Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 1997 09:53:11 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-ISP@freebsd.org" <FreeBSD-ISP@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installing BIND 4.9.6 and 8.1.1 in FreeBSD 2.2.x (update)

[ Shortened the Cc list to -isp ]

> Particularly, there are some changes that have to be made to get 8.1.1
> installed in the 2.1.x branch of FreeBSD that were recently detailed
> on both the FreeBSD and bind-users lists, so I won't belabour that.

Umm, I've been watching the FreeBSD lists, and I don't remember any
'changes' or even discussions on how to get Bind on 2.1.x, and I'm
interested in doing it, but have waited since I simply don't have time
to figure it out myself.

>  My advice to anyone using 2.1.x is to upgrade to 2.2.5 when it's
>  available, then install BIND 8.1.1, although I realize that's not
>  possible for some people.

For me it's not possible, due to both time and driver constraints.

> Installing 4.9.6 (only needed in a pre 2.2.5 system):

Will this work for 2.1.x then, or only 2.2.x (pre 2.2.5) systems?

Nate