Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 18:40:19 +0100
From:      Wim Livens <wim@livens.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        lcroker@unix.megared.net.mx, jtravis@cse.unl.edu
Subject:   Re: my camserv problem solved

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001, Wim Livens wrote this on freebsd-multimedia:

> I'm trying to get camserv working with a bt878 and a PAL camera.
> The camera works fine under fxtv and vic by selecting:
>
> input=0 (Video)
> format=PAL (BDGHI)
>
> There doesn't seem to be a way to select the format with camserv and
> the default seems to be the wrong setting.  I.e. I only get a noise or
> a blue image.
>
> I tried to hardcode setting the format to PAL by the patch below.
> (copy paste from fxtv)
>
> This doen't solve it however.  I only get a different type of noise.
> ***ZIP***

I don't know why but the following lazy hack does solve my problem.

I just compared the ioctls done by grab (which does work) and camserv.
And hardcoded the one that was missing.

*** video_fbsd_bttv.c   Sun Feb 11 18:19:01 2001
--- video_fbsd_bttv.c.orig      Sun Feb 11 16:26:59 2001
***************
*** 342,351 ****
        return -1;
      }
    }
-   actport=512;
-   camserv_log( MODNAME, "METEORSFMT %d", actport);
-   if (ioctl( fbttv_dev->bttv_fd, METEORSFMT, &actport ) < 0 ){return -1;}
-
    return 0;
  }

--- 342,347 ----