Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 05:24:09 +0800
From:      Ihsan Junaidi Ibrahim <ihsan_junaidi@yahoo.com.sg>
To:        "Adam Maas" <mykroft@explosive.mail.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Good integrated Athlon chipset for FreeBSD

On Monday 13 January 2003 04:28, Adam Maas wrote:
> The nForce based boards would be your best bet. Good solid chipset with=
> decent video core. You should be able to find one that's less expensive
> than the Asus. Perhaps an MSI or Gigabyte.

Gigabyte doesn't make nForce.

I'm keen on the MSI but I'm unsure of the NIC support. Unlike Asus which =
uses=20
the clunky RTL8139 chipset, the MSI sticks with Nvidia original design, t=
hat=20
is using the ones integrated into the MCP. I couldn't find any listing of=
 it=20
in the Hardware section so I'm assuming that it's unsupported.

I'm not keen on an add on NIC, if the NIC was integrated, might as well t=
ake=20
advantage of it.