Date:      Thu, 06 Jan 2000 23:36:16 +0000
From:      Sven Brandenburg <S.Brandenburg@tu-bs.de>
To:        Bjoern Groenvall <bg@sics.se>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kerberos and Y2K ?

Bjoern Groenvall wrote:
[..]
> You may also use more recent sources from ftp.pdc.kth.se:pub/krb/src.
Thank you. I`ll take a look on that :-)

[..]
> There used to be a real stupid default value for the expiration date
> in kdb_init.c that was not fixed until 19980609. I don't know exactly
> what your sources look like but here is a possible fix:
>
> -    principal.exp_date = 946702799;    /* Happy new century */
> -    strncpy(principal.exp_date_txt, "12/31/99", DATE_SZ);
>      principal.mod_date = time(0);
> +    *principal.mod_date_txt = '\0';
> +    principal.exp_date = principal.mod_date + 5 * 365 * 24 * 60 * 60;
> +    *principal.exp_date_txt = '\0';
That`s it. But I wonder why this is still in the source tree.
I fetched the crypto stuff from cvsup.internat.FreeBSD.org 2 days ago
and made world (3.4-STABLE) *before* I tried to use kerberos.
I believe this is the same with cvsup-master.freebsd.org.
A quick look into the -current tree reveals: the patch above has
been applied there but not to -stable.

I wanted to switch to -current within the next few days anyway... ;-)

Thanks for the quick help,
Sven
I will not trust you, I,
Nor longer stay in your company.
Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray:
My legs are longer though, to run away.

William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night`s Dream, 1596