Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:57:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dale Wharton <dwharton@alcor.concordia.ca>
To:        Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: cheapest laptop for FreeBSD?  winmodems?

Jon, many thanks for your very constructive remarks. Your aside
about winmodems rang my bell (internet access is essential for
my purpose).

Which raises another question: how does one learn in advance if
a modem is a winmodem? The only literature that I saw, a brief
spec sheet on the Compaq Presario 1200-XL115, says simply
"Modem 56kbps with V.90 Support."

Regards ...
Dale Wharton  ve2ndw@rac.ca   M O N T R E A L   Te souviens-tu?