Date:      Fri, 6 Mar 1998 04:22:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <dyson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Making good progress on NFS!!!

FYI,

I am making good progress, finding lots of "good" (relatively minor, but
can cause sporadic) problems in both NFS (getpages, putpages) and with
our UFS getpages code.  Also, I have a prelim fix for the MS_INVALIDATE
problem alluded to by Ron Minnich.

New things include more dynamic sensing of sequential fault behavior
(the hooks have been there for a few years, but just haven't implemented
them until now.)  That has come virtually for free as a result of
desperately needed cleanups in ffs_getpages.

I expect my commits to happen on Fri night, and I would appreciate help
in testing the changes.  I will have "tested" them, but there is nothing
like verifying proper behavior on a real system.