Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 1996 00:41:20 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   gus pnp again... You DO NOT have to initialize the GUS PNP on DOS!

Hi,

Someone just sent me e-mail about whether or not you need to initialize
the GUS PnP on DOS and then soft boot back to FreeBSD-2.1-stable.

You *don't* have to do that with the guspnp driver and if you do have
to init the gus pnp on DOS to then use it on freebsd, please let me know ....

I routinely power down my system and boot it back up again and *every*
time the system recognizes the GUS PnP and initializes it.

On a different topic, I just got one of my scsi disks back on-line and
I installed FreeBSD-2.2-current on it . I expect this weekend to
port the guspnp driver to FreeBSD-2.2-current.

	Tnks,
	Amancio