Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 2002 00:57:09 -0500
From:      Jon Parise <jon@csh.rit.edu>
To:        Jason <jason@tcpipbitch.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toshiba 1901-S301 and problems installing 5.0 dp2

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 11:35:02PM -0500, Jason wrote:

> I ama trying to install 5.0 dp2 (tried other boot disks as well, including
> 4.7) on my new toshiba laptop.  Each and every time it locks up at the
> following 2 lines (it boots normally up to this point)
>
> pci0: <Multimedia, audio> at device 31.5 (no driver attached>
> pci0: <simple comms> at device 31.6 (no driver attached)
>
> then nothing, it just sits there, 3 finger salute does not work. I have no
> way to disable anything in the bios unfortunately.

I had a similar problem with my Toshiba laptop (3005-S304).  While I'm
not currently running FreeBSD on it, I was able to get an install
booted by building a custom kernel _without_ SCSI support.  That was
based on a suggestion I received from someone on the -mobile mailing
list, but I don't recall who it was (sorry).

Anyway, that got a -stable (around 4.5 or 4.6) installation started,
and I was seeing the same problem as you, so hopefully that will help.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  ::  http://www.csh.rit.edu/~jon/