Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:34:07 +0730 (SST)
From:      Gregory Hosler <greg@camelot.eno.ericsson.se>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Microsoft offering Netshow for linux

On 10-Jun-98 Christoph Kukulies wrote:
>Try:
>
>http://microsoft.com/netshow/download/unix.htm
>
>I can run the linux binary but it doesn't seem to recognize .avi files.
>Haven't tried an .asf file yet due to lack of availablity.

According to the download page:

Video Codecs (by platform):

        Linux: MPEG 4, Vivo H263, Duck TrueMotion RT 2.0
        SGI: MPEG 4, Vivo H263
        SunOS & Sun Solaris: MPEG 4

Audio Codecs (by platform):

        Linux: PCM, MS ADPCM, MPEG Layer 3, Vivo G723.1, Vivo Siren
        SGI: PCM, MS ADPCM, MPEG Layer 3, Vivo G723.1, Vivo Siren
        SunOS & Sun Solaris: PCM, MS ADPCM, MPEG Layer 3, Voxware Metasound

so I would not expect this to playback avi files... sadly...

Greg

E-Mail: Gregory Hosler <greg@camelot.eno.ericsson.se>
Date: 11-Jun-98
Time: 09:31:158

"And where were you at 00:00:00 GMT, January 1, 1970?"

--
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.