Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 20:40:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      borehawg <bangpath@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Darn upgrade and handbook!!!

Heyas.
My /var partition fills up once a day from the volume of mail I get
from various lists. I remember when I had 2.2.6 running, there was a
./daily command in /etc that I could use that cleaned up all the temp
stuff in /var (I think thats how I did it). But now that I am running 3.1,
there is a directory called /etc/periodic/daily that has executable
scripts such as "100.clean-disks" and "110.clean-tmps". I can't figure
out what these do. So far, the only way I can clear out the /var partition
is to reboot (ugh).

There doesn't seem to be any references to what I'm looking for in
/usr/share/doc/handbook and my copy of _The_Complete_FreeBSD_ is a little
dated now (It came with the 2.2.6 disks).

Can anyone point me to the info I am looking for?

I am not subscribed to the list, so please either reply directly or Cc: to
my email adddress.  TIA.

		 andrew     ------> 	bangpath@bellsouth.net