Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 20:24:06 +0200
From:      Gustaf Tham <gus@algonet.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: COPY, CUT, PASTE (FILES) - PUT (0/1)

I wrote a small shell script today that may do what you want,
included below and as an attachment.

Usage:
When you see one or several files that you want to "copy",
you write "put filename(s)" This can be repeated.
When you are done, you go to your target directory and write
"take".
That's it.  Put and take -- like fishing :-)

NB:  The gurus in the NG will have some things to say about
my amateurish shell script.  Well, the bumble bee doth fly.  So far.
Perhaps someone will write you something much nicer.

In order to have just one shell script, called by either put or take,
it has to be symlinked  like this,

First move put to the ../bin you use for non+official stuff.
From that directory, type:
ln +s put take
 As usual chmod a+x put, and rehash.

Now it should work.
My simplistic attempt looks like this:

: To be called by "put filename(s)" for saving filenames, and
: subsequently with "take" without args for copying the selected
: files to the working directory.
: Gustaf Tham

if test `basename $0` = put
then
	C=0
	for FNAME in $*
		do
		if test -d "$FNAME"
		then
			echo "$FNAME is a directory, skipping.."
			continue
		else
			echo `pwd`"/"$FNAME >> /tmp/silly
			C=`expr $C + 1`