Date:      Sun, 07 Nov 2004 00:09:06 -0900
From:      Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   setup X11

Just installed 4.10 and am having all kinds of problems with X. Under
linux it just works. Here are my problems.

Video card didn't work
1. Nvidia GeForce FX5200
2. added "DefaultDepth 16" to XF86Config and it worked
3. I tried to add: Modes "800x600". Didn't work

I decided to give up on the card and switch to the on board video. I can
do 800x600 with on board video.

Text in X
1. text looks bad
2. Followed the instructions in the handbook and installed the urwfonts
3. Configured X to use them
4. text still looks bad

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I would also like to know if I
can get my Nvidia card to do 3D acceleration.

If I can get these things to work I may be able to migrate from Linux to
FreeBSD.
--
Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>