Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 95 16:28 MET DST
From:      nils@guru.ims.uni-stuttgart.de (Cornelis van der Laan)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        ports@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: g77 port

[ Jordan Hubbard wrote: ]
> Looks like something is still not quite right:

> root@time# pwd
> /usr/ports/lang/g77
> root@time# make install
> >> No MD5 checksum file.
> ===>  Installing for g77-0.5.13
> make: don't know how to make pre-install. Stop
> *** Error code 2

> Stop.

I did my port on a FreeBSD 1.1.5 machine by just grabbing the
relevant bsd.port.mk files from 2.0. It works here (of course)
but if there were changes to the bsd.port Makefiles I didn't
get them. I still have a pre-install target on my machine and
all I do is call it like the default rule for install does.

I asked Jeffrey Hsu (hsu@alumni.eecs.berkeley.edu) to test my
ports and commit them. He finally did it without proper testing
it seems and without telling me about any problems or changes.
So my offer: tell me the way ports are to be done right now and
I'll have a look at it.

Regards, Nils
Cornelis van der Laan -- nils@ims.uni-stuttgart.de
                      -- nils@guru.stgt.sub.org
# echo Knusper Knusper Knaeuschen > /etc/nologin