Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 07:09:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl (Wilko Bulte)
Cc:        mckusick@flamingo.McKusick.COM (Kirk McKusick), msmith@FreeBSD.ORG, match@elen.utah.edu, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mounting one FS on more than one system

Wilko Bulte wrote:
> I wonder how Tru64 is doing it. IIRC V5.0 Tru64 can do a cluster filesystem.
> A CFS must have solved the coherency issue in some way.

The CFS filesystem in Tru64 is the same one (more or less, it has been
modified for Tru64) that's in the SCO/Compaq NonStop Clusters product
and is the same one that was written at Locus (and is the same one in
the product I work on).  It solves coherency using tokens; in fact,
an earlier version of this filesystem is where the OSF got the token
mechanism used in DFS.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com