Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:14:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   4.4 stable optimal settings for TI113X CardBus chipset? HP 800ct laptop

hi;

i just finally figured out (via RTFRN ( RTF RelNotes!) how to get my 800CT
to not panic on install with 4.4-RELEASE and newer releases of FreeBSD.

this was a  problem that prevented me from moving to 4.4-RELEASE, and it
was MOFF ( hey, an new acronym. My Own F Fault! )

i used the fallback isa routing stuff that was called out in Section
2.1.6:

set hw.pcic.intr_path="1"
set hw.pcic.irq="0"

no that i have it installed, i am trying to see how hard i can run this,
so i can figure out what
exactly is broken in the generic kernel that causes the panic.

so, if somebody could tell me what the optimal settings for hw.pcic
sysctls are currently, then i can start tweaking them and see what the
results of the various perms are

--

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life