Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:02:37 -0500
From:      HelpDesk <HelpDesk%Common%MC@manchester.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Compaq Prosigna Server (486dx/2)

Here is what I know.
    I have a compaq prosignia
        486 DX2/66
        1 Micropolis 1.0 GB
        1 Micropolis 2.0 GB
        1 Seagate 4.0 GB Baracuda
        64 MB RAM

        I has an NCR card that is not supported by release 3.1
integrated.

        I have an Adaptec 1522A in it now.
        I have to use a pentium 166 with an adaptec 2940 in order
        to install stuff to the drives. (It has no CDRom)

        but when I boot from the compaq itself I get an error
            (I appoligize, but I cannot get the message to come up
again)
            ...Unkown chip.. "i486DX"

        Is this because I installed FreeBSD on a pentium 166 and moved
to a 486 with all the drives?
        Can anybody give me a hint on how to get it to run?

Thank you in advance,
Adam Long
Manchester College