Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 2014 09:11:02 -0500
From:      "Jay West" <jwest@ezwind.net>
To:        "'Big Lebowski'" <spankthespam@gmail.com>, <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Terrible performance of XenServer 6.2 and FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE guest

Freebsd shutdown -h has never worked "right" (what is right behavior is
subjective) on xenserver. If the guest utilities are installed, use
Xencenter to shutdown. If not, or, if you just prefer command line - you'll
find that shutdown -p will actually take the vm down "correctly".

Also - the slow screen display inside xencenter console has also always been
an issue. I've never seen it work well. Not sure if this is a freebsd or xen
based (with freebsd, as other guest os's seem to get it right) issue. Would
love to see it fixed, but... we only use the xencenter console for freebsd
long enough to assign an IP and open up ssh ;)

Jay West, President
EZwind.net
11 The Pines Court, Suite B
Chesterfield, MO 63141