Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 23:18:24 +0600 (KGST)
From:      CyberPsychotic <mlists@gizmo.kyrnet.kg>
To:        Chris Zwilling <chris@cloudnet.com>
Cc:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, Roy Bettle <rbettle@criterion-group.com>, John Horn <jhorn1@desperate.ci.tucson.az.us>, misc@openbsd.org, "Questions List FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Microsoft ask users to crack win2000 site (fwd)

~
~ I would be willing to put up a machine or two with OpenBSD or FreeBSD -
~ I'm just worried that people will not restrict their attacks to just those
~ two machines.  Although, I have not heard about any errant attacks in
~ either of these cases.
~

 oh c'mon, guys. All this story remains me [*put_a_bad_word_here*] C.M.
happy-whacker war game. Don't you know the end of the story? She's been
bouncing up by ISPs for her idiocy of attracking kiddies to mess around
her box. rr.com ISP has been compromiced due to this accident so far I
know. Most script kiddies are smart enough to run traceroute and see what
nodes are around, or are passed by. I could secure my networks, but I
don't want my ISP or my neighboor to blame me for him being hacked.

PS: www.attrition.org/errata/ probably has more info on the topic.