Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 22:22:38 -0400
From:      "Guillaume" <amyfoub@videotron.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sio & modem problem

Hi,

I want to configure my Motorola VoiceSURFR 56k Modem (Internal ISA) in my
FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE box but I have a problem with sio.

On bootup I get:

sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa0
sio0: type 16550A
sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
sio1: type 16550A
sio2: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio3: configured irq 9 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio4: configured irq 9 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio4: <Motorola VoiceSURFR 56K Modem> at port 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 9 on isa0
sio4: type 16550A

--------------

In my kernel config:

device sio0 at isa? port IO_COM1 irq 4
device sio1 at isa? port IO_COM2 irq 3
device sio2 at isa? port IO_COM3 irq 5
device sio3 at isa? port IO_COM4 irq 9

1) What does "configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0" mean?

2) Do I need to enable sio2 and sio3 in my kernel config?

Guillaume
amyfoub@videotron.ca