Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2000 15:53:43 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel panic in 4.2 with AHA-2940

>I don't know where to go from here though, I have absolutely no idea why
>cnp->cn_nameptr would be NULL, or how any of this could be caused
>by the SCSI driver, but I know it is the ahc driver's fault
>because when I take that driver out of the kernel, everything
>works fine again. Anyway, any help is appreciated.
>
>Ken

That doesn't mean that it is the ahc driver's fault.  Just by moving
the data-segment around by adding *any* driver, could cause a bug
to manifest.  None of the panic's I've seen so far have anything
to do with the ahc driver and since you've said that the controller
is not even in use, I can't see how it can be the root cause of the
problem.

--
Justin