Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 2004 20:20:05 -0400
From:      Michael Edenfield <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Security Flaw in xorg-client?

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

My nightly security scan has been complaining lately about this:

Affected package: xorg-clients-6.7.0                                       =
                                         =20
Type of problem: XFree86 opens a chooserFd TCP socket even when
DisplayManager.requestPort is 0.                    =20

1) Am I correct that this issue is related to xdm, so if I'm running a
replacement and/or not running a display manager this isn't an issue?

2) Is this bug really shared by XF86 and Xorg, and the description needs
updating, or is it just picking up xdm and assuming it's a broken XF86
version, or what?

Thanks for your time,

--Mike

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3