Date:      Wed, 09 Feb 2000 16:43:20 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: no sound on Hauppauge WinTV/Radio

Alexander,

> I bought a stereo Hauppauge WinTV/Radio, that has
> a btb878.
>
> But, now I get no sound.

> pci0: unknown card (vendor=0x109e, dev=0x0878) at 18.1 irq 10
Don't worry about this. We do not need it.
It is an audio capture part of the bt878, but we do not need it.

I think your problem is the new MSP3415D-B3.

I believe my bt848/878 driver does not work correctly with this
chip in Germany.
But don't worry. I have already been sent patched from
another German user.

I'll dig them up later, and roll them into my development
snapshot driver.
I'll havce that done by Sunday.
They you'll have working audio.

sorry for the delay.