Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 15:08:17 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Joachim Kuebart <joki@shire.domestic>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Removing DOS's ^M

There used to be a utility to do that, something like a filter called crlf or so, but I can't find that.

For now, to convert Text files (that do NOT contain any other control characters apart from ^M and newline), you can use

	cat -v filename | sed 's/^M//' > outfilename

alternatively to EMACS, which is Eight Megabytes and Constantly Swapping.
Maybe even sed offers a better way, but this is what comes to my mind :-)

c u Jo