Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:52:43 -0500
From:      "Bender, Chris" <chris_bender@cellularatsea.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Email issues, relay failure

Hi, I am responsible for a system I know little about.

Sendmail all of a sudden stopped working...the sendmial is supposed to
send to another machine.

The senmail locally looks to deliver email to a que and the que looks=
forward to another machine.

=20

However this looks to break.....Can somebody help me diagnose and
repair.

=20

It may be the remote machine never gets the email and thusly never
delivers the email.=20

=20

Here is local machine response to my sending the following command....

=20

echo "test email from ccl `date` " | mailx -s "test email from ccl
`date` " c.b@cell.com

=20

The que message show the following..

=20

Running /var/spool/mqueue/q1OKcmpH017170 (sequence 1 of 20)

<c.b@cell.com>... Connecting to tools.wms.cellularatsea.com. via
relay...

<c.b@cell.com>... Deferred: Connection timed out with
tools.wms.cell.com.

=20

=20

I can ping this machine via=20

ping tools

=20

Is there supposed to be some type of handler on tools to accept
messages. How would I know if it were postfix or sendmail?

Is this possible to be on remote machine.=20

=20

=20

=20

=20