Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 1997 13:23:42 -0700
From:      Matt_Murphy@mail.amsinc.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrading FreeBSD

I have v2.1.5 installed.  I have 2.1.6, 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 sitting on the
shelf per my Walnut Creed CD-ROM subscription and no time.

I have two (multipart) questions:

   Can I go directly to the latest version or should I upgrade them in
   sequence?
   How do I do the upgrade?  Do I follow the normal steps for installing
   from CD-ROM in the Installing and Running FreeBSD manual?  I saw a
   tutorial on the net for upgrading from source code but I'm not sure if
   that's what I'm doing?  Where can I get the instructions for upgrading
   to a later release?

Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Matt Murphy