Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:23:49 +0100
From:      "Rob MacGregor" <freebsd.macgregor@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        "'FreeBSD Current'" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: very current won't mount /tmp

I can confirm that I'm seeing a similar problem.  With -CURRENT as of
around midday GMT today any attempts to mount an MDMFS /tmp or run any
command (such as vi or mergemaster) all hang *in single user mode only*.
If I boot all the way through to multi-user then everything works just
fine.

With the MDMFS /tmp the unit gets created, but it appears to hang after
that.

This is happening under VMWare, I haven't tried a "real" PC yet (and
don't plan to until the VMWare box works).  However I'm happy to play
with the VMWare box if people can tell me what they want done.

--
 Rob | Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards!