Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 07:59:01 -0500
From:      hugme <hugme@hugme.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NATD problems

I am down to the last few days and need some desprate help

I am tring to set up some web cams at my house. I have a cable modem,
right now I have a server running natd off of one address to serve the
rest of my network. the webcams are on serveral different computers (I
have 4 in all) they are all working as I can see them from the inside of
the network.

I set up port 2047 in /etc/servers to say "webcam   2047/udp"
I then killed NATD and re-started it like this:
natd -n ed1 -redirect_port udp 192.168.0.2:webcam 2047

ed1 = my outside network address
192.168.0.2 = the inside address of the computer using the web cam

however it doesn't work, I have tried a couple of variations and cant
get it to do anything. if I do a port scan on 2047 from the outside it's
not open.

natd works just fine, I can still get to the internet no problem but the
port  isn't re-direction like it's suppose to.

from the inside I use:
http://192.168.0.2:2047/cgi-bin/video
and it brings up the camera
if I get this running I should use:
http://<outside address>:2047/cgi-bin/video

I have tried the man pages, and even bought the FreeBSD book but still
can't find an answer. please help as these need to be up by saturday....

--

 Don't ever forget to,
  -*HUGME*-