Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 1996 23:58:31 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        committers@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   The Ports Tree is frozen

Hi

Satoshi left me in charge of things, and until I say otherwise (or am
until Satoshi gets back) the ports collection IS IN CODE FREEZE. Code
changes will need to get reviewed / approved by myself or Satoshi (or
both). I'm not even sure (at this point) if I'm able to re-build
packages as I don't have any suitable 2.1-stable machines to work on
(not with decent net.links) ... So, please, HOLD OFF until after the
release is rolled, the CD pressed, and you're given the flashing green
and purple light!

Thanks

Gary

P.S. Sorry if this is a bit premature, but I just saw 1 new port and 2
     updates happen, and I'm getting jittery.