Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 2004 19:17:26 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
To:        Darksidex <humprhey@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to mount usb2 devices

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 04:14:46PM +0100, Darksidex wrote:
> I want to mount an external usb20 HD. I try this:
> #mount_msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt  (yes it is in Fat32 for windows
> compatibility, I need it)
> and it works, but I think that it is mounted like an usb1.1 device
> because the transfer speed is very low.

It is running high speed, because it is attached to your ehci
controller.
Having high throughput is another story - msdosfs is not very efficient
with some devices - you might want to check a dd with big block sizes
to verify if higher speed can be reached.
The OS version might also influence throughput.

bernd@bwct.de                                  info@bwct.de