Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:20:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bud Roth <bud_roth@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Gary Nye <gary@consys.com>
Subject:   hacked /etc/passwd and can't reboot

I wanted FreeBSD to boot into bash, not sh, so I
changed the default shell for the two users on my
system (bud and root) in the file /etc/passwd from
/bin/sh to /bin/bash.  Stupid me.  Either bash is not
in /bin or it just won't work.  The result is that I
cannot log in.  How can I either reboot off of a
floppy and edit passwd to take out the offensive "ba"
or use the command prompt that FreeBSD temporarily
gives me when booting up to do the same?

Silly mistake on my part, I confess.  8-(

Any help would be most appreciated.

Bud