Date:      Sat, 01 Jun 2013 19:39:19 +0200
From:      Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: removing 'changes' section from the online edition

Em 01-06-2013 18:26, Eitan Adler escreveu:
> The Preface has a few sections 'Changes from the ____ Edition' which
> enumerate changes made between print editions of the book.  I would
> like to drop them from the online edition as they offer little value
> and are right at the start of the handbook ('prime real estate').
>
> They can be retained in the print edition where they offer a little more value.
>
> Does anyone see a reason to keep them in the online version?
No objection from me, I just want to bring it up again that handling
these with a single-source solution would be nice, i.e. using DocBook
profiling. It would also facilitate merges. This basically consists of
adding edition="print" to the affected section of preface and then
setting up profiling. (I can do it, just ping me if there is consensus
on this).

Gabor