Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 1997 11:26:25 -0600
From:      Bob Angell <aimsllc@ibm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CDROM - PCMCIA Combo ?? Possible?

I have a laptop that I would like to install the CD 2.2.2-R
version ... and I have not had alot of luck installing from
the FTP stuff ... therefore, I purchased the CD ... and I am
not having alot of luck getting it installed on a laptop ...
I tried a parrallel port BACKPACK CD from DOS (I only have
500MG ... so a DOS install won't work well as I would like
to have BSD on the entire disk) and another possibility would
be a SCSI PCMCIA Adaptec 1460A with a SCSI CD.  It appears
that the 1460 is NOT supported?  Anyone able to do this and
make it work??  I also have a 3COM card connected and I
guess I could install from the another machine with a CDROM
via IP address??  Any/all help would be appreciated as I would
really like to install and use this on a laptop.

-Bob-
--
   Bob Angell, Principal - Sys. Engineer/Author/Consultant
   Applied Info & Mgnt Sys, 1238 Fenway Ave., SLC, UT 84102